Jewish Voice for Peace ABQ presents Dr. Lori Rudolph giving a report on her work in the Tel Rumeida neighborhood of Hebron in occupied Palestine, on Friday, Feb. 24, 6-8pm at the Peace Center. Dr. Rudolph just returned from a 3-month stay in Palestine where she observed the apartheid regime first-hand:
- The most oppressed neighborhood in Hebron is Tel Rumeida
- Palestinians and Jewish settlers live under separate and unequal legal systems
- Jewish Settlers in Tel Rumeida are guarded by the Israeli military
- Palestinians need permits from the Israeli army to enter or leave their neighborhood
- Military closures, surveillance technology and checkpoints keep Palestinian residents in an open-air prison
Light refreshments served, donations requested at the door, no one turned away.